Hi! My name is Lisa Luth and here is my story…
I always felt something was missing in my life, turned out what was missing was a positive outlook, tons of energy and a feeling of health.
I gained a lot of weight after I adopted my kids, I focused on feeding them healthy foods but let myself go. During this time I also developed life threatening food allergies as well as depression.
After my allergy diagnosis, I switched gears, got my life started and became an inspiration to others.
Now I use my story and experiences to help people achieve their life goals through nutrition, fitness, and a positive mindset to overcome the obstacles in achieving their goals.
My passions are supporting others with living a healthy, balanced life, weight loss, weight training and allergy free and paleo nutrition. I also am a MOMtrepreneur and am passionate about helping others reach their goals.
Daily I coach, teach, motivate, and empower others to learn what they need to do become their best possible selves.
What you may not know about me:
- This all started because of my love of running and wanting to share it with others through this blog! I have now ran 2 full marathons and 20 half marathons and rediscovered my love for weight training along the way.
- I’m just like you. A working single mom trying to balance it all and take some time out for myself to be healthy and fit.
- My mom was diagnosed with Follicular Lymphoma in 2009, around the same time I got a brochure in the mail for Team and Training and I knew I had to run to help! That was the slow start to my love of running!
- I adopted my kids as a first choice. God put it in my heart and mind and that lead me to my beautiful daughter from China and my amazing, fun loving son from South Korea.
- I was allergic to most things back in 2011 and after learning more about my body and how inflammation played a key role in my leaky gut syndrome I can now properly digest many foods I was unable to. I am anaphylactic to nuts and beans, not sure if that will ever change. I do not process gluten or dairy well either.
- I am not perfect. I have been through hardships, I have dealt with adversity but most importantly I have overcome and accomplished MANY of my goals. I dream BIG though and have found the determination within myself to go after what I desire and to MAKE SUCCESS A MUST through positive mindset.
- I gained over 30 lbs since college but now with the same as I did back then. At age 43 I consider myself much more fit and athletic than I was in high school.
My motto is “Balancing it all, one mile at a time” and that is how I live my life.
It is not always easy as a mother and decide to put ourselves first at times, but it is truly necessary as we matter too.
We need to take the best care of ourselves because our kids are watching us. They learn and absorb everything that we do.
I want my daughter to have balance in life and learn that she is a priority and not fall into the mindset I did early on after adopting my kids. I want my son to learn to eat healthy at a young age and not struggle as an adult trying to erase the effect of years of bad eating.
Switching gears and becoming the work in progress that I am
I was forced to change my eating habits after a life threatening allergic reaction and diagnosis of multiple severe allergies. I was scared to eat, but slowly I started researching more about food and what it does to your body.
For the first year I avoided anything processed. I only ate veggies, fruits and meats – mainly all organic. I dropped the 30 pounds within 3 months and I discovered what was missing all along. My energy, my passion, my drive…
I believe that the foods I was eating played a key role in my lack of energy and depression. It was not the fact I had 2 kids, 11 months apart in age to take care of, it was that I felt like crap and didn’t realize how bad I felt.
I started to have excess energy and fell in love with running. Now, it didn’t happen overnight. I started with the couch to 5K program, a few months later my mindset switched from worrying about how much farther I had to run to questioning how much farther could I run.
I ran half marathons, a marathon and then the Goofy Challenge.
I noticed imbalances in my body from all the miles I was putting on.
I discovered Beachbody and fell in love with popping in a DVD and having my workout done in 30 minutes. I started P90X3 and ran a half marathon without running more than 3 miles in the 3 months leading up to it, my time ended up being 30 minutes over my PR but I was hooked on how well the program worked to develop my core strength and help correct my imbalances.
I want to pay it forward
I know there are so many people out there, moms in particular that felt how I used to feel. Tired, exhausted, overweight, needing to buy new clothes.
YOU do not need to live like that! You do not deserve to live like that. I want to help you make small, positive changes that will have a BIG impact overtime. I want you to have energy, to have passion, to feel amazing in your own skin!
I want to help you live the life you were meant to live. Let’s chat, I want to get to know you, your goals, your dreams!