I have been thinking quite a bit about my New Year’s resolutions and together with my family, we are going out of our comfort zone and setting some huge ones! I want to share my health and fitness goals with you guys to help hold me accountable.
When I was focusing on my New Year’s resolutions for 2016, I looked back and mentally compared where I was last year to where I am this year and I am so excited about everything I accomplished this year but know I am much stronger both physically and mentally going into 2016 than I was going into 2015. Starting up running again in November was one of the best choices ever.
So with that thought in mind, here goes!
- 23 minute 5K
- New 13.1 PR
- 13.1 Goal of 1:40
- 26.2 Goal of 4 Hours
- AG Place in a race
So with that being said, I want to focus on qualifying for Boston! Yep! I’m going to scale back my running travel and focus on training and quality of races over quantity. I am also going to plan my racecations in advance and stick to that plan so I can save more $$ for bigger financial goals of ours.
2016 RaceCations and Goal Races
- Bayshore, Traverse City, MI Half Marathon
- Charlevox, MI Full Marathon
- Grand Rapids, MI Full Marathon
- Yep! That is it for 2016! I am planning on the RunDisney Dopey Challenge in 2017 and perhaps Phoenix full marathon. We also want to go to Hawaii so you can bet there will be a race there in my future too,
- Continue to meet new peeps and get out of my comfort zone running in new places. Hey, mental health is huge.
- Shakeology EVERY SINGLE DAY! It is so much more than a protein shake, I don’t care how good I eat I can not get all those nutrients and antioxidants in my diet on a daily basis. Plus it does not have any corn, soy or wheat!
- Paleo… strict paleo and start a Whole30 this month. No alcohol, no grains. I think back to how great I felt in December of 2012 when I did the Whole30 and need to get back there to achieve my goals.
- Continue to focus on my core strength and my imbalances. Keep up with my running and add in one or two upper body days a week.
- Continue to be active with my kids and always be out there with them experiencing, learning and having fun.
I am looking forward to 2016, totally refreshed after a week away and ready to work on all of these goals plus the financial ones my family has put in place. I plan on revisiting my progress towards these goals monthly and you can be sure I will blog about them as one of my personal goals is to blog at least 2x a week in 2016!
What are your big goals for 2016?