I LOVE a good book and I want to start sharing my new finds with you guys each month!
Like many, Jeremy started off in life without a purpose or passion. He failed miserablly at the early jobs he attempted, lacked passion, was depressed and just stuck in an average lifestyle until a call from a friend changed everything. He uprooted his life, took a gamble and moved out of his fathers home to Phoenix, AZ where he moved in with a friend.
His life dramatically changed, and now my fellow FitFluential Ambassador is a fitness coach, entrepreneur, and motivational author and speaker who helps others achieve their success. He found his passion.
At 70 pages total, including the intro and the closing “About the Author” it is not a long read at all, but it is a book that even though I have finished, I can not put down. It is one of those books that so many quotes just resonate so deep within that I have to go back for my daily dose of motivation.
While other motivational books go into deep examples, long stories and tend to get deep down into the psyche, Jeremy manages to do just that by laying out the truth. No sweet talking of why you should make success mandatory in your life, but the raw, hard TRUTH.
Jeremy explains to us that life is HARD, of course it is but so many people use excuses and what they do not realize though is that their excuses result in HARDER results to deal with.
Can’t workout 30 minutes a day and eat right? Yep, it’s hard but so is buying the next size of pants.
Want to live with passion? Yep, that is hard too, lots of hard work to build your dream life and business. Regret of not doing it down the road is even harder.
There is also a huge focus on staying positive and it is so true!
“Never tell your problems to anyone.. 20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.” – Jeremy Scott
Isn’t that the truth! Now, of course if you need help and want to make a change you have to start somewhere and lay out what you are dealing with, but we all know those people that thrive on issues and problems and that is all they talk about. It is draining just to see their Facebook posts as you never know what dire situation they will be in next.
Don’t be that person, take Jeremy’s advice on how to start switching up your mood and thoughts.
Jeremy has quite a few simple exercises scattered throughout the book that are quick thought provokers that you will want to return back to as well. I don’t want to spoil any more for you guys, but will leave you with my all time favorite quote from Jeremy:
“You can wish in one hand and shit in another, see which one fills up faster.” – Jeremy Scott
I read that and nearly spit out my water, but TRUTH! Stop wishing and worrying, get this book, spend some time with it each day and start working on becoming who you want to be and who you know you are capable of becoming. Start living the life you deserve, there is no better time to start than now.
Thank you Jeremy for giving me a new mantra and laser focus!
What do you want to accomplish in this life you have been given?